Monday, May 13, 2013

Android Application - Stage Two Plans

I'm still currently polishing up the first stage features, like looking for improvements I could do and adding comments, reorganizing the code, etcetera. While I'm doing this I'm also planning what I'm going to do with the app next, and so far my goals of what I want to add are:
- Volume Adjusters (seek bars)
- Wifi/GPS/Data/Bluetooth/Sync on/off toggle buttons
- A really quick splash screen to show this logo
But since those seem pretty simple, and the stages are supposed to be more challenging, I'm going to try and think of something else I can add in that would be a bigger challenge. The app currently is installed on my phone and starts and performs extremely fast and hasn't crashed or had any problems yet.

Also, if you're new to Java or Android development and you're having any problems, I've found that StackOverflow has been a great amount of help for anything having to do with Java or Android. The website is almost like a "Yahoo Answers" for programming since you can read old questions that have been asked and solved, or you can create a new question and get a bunch of helpful answers. What I like about their community is that they don't just fix the code for you, but they actually explain it and explain what was wrong with your code so you actually learn.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent reflections...the blogging about your problem solving process is an excellent way for others to learn from not only your setbacks, but also your troubleshooting

    ReplyDelete